HLS5687 Problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
gobigblue

HLS5687 Problem

Postby gobigblue » Sat May 30, 2009 1:58 am

Ok. I am about to pitch this thing in the trash! I went from cable tv to Dish Network and the very next day my DLP gives up the ghost. I heard what seemed to be a faint pop upon pressing the power button on my remote followed by three flashing lights on the front of the set. I immediately checked to see how much time I had left on my warranty to find that it had expired two weeks earlier. Just my luck. I began to search the internet to see what I could find and came upon this site. Everything I read pointed to the bulb needing replaced so that is where I started. I got my new bulb (Phillips) and installed it. I excitedly plugged my set back in and listened for those sweet chimes. NOTHING! I came to the front of the set to see the same lights flashing. I unplugged the set and took the bulb back out to make sure that I didn't mess up this easy process. Everything was fine so I reinserted the bulb and tried again. NOTHING! I came to the front of the set again and saw one red light (Standby/Temp) flashing and a clicking noise. I unplugged the set, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in and had the same problem. One red light and the clicking noise. I unplugged the set and went back to the computer to see if I could find out what the problem could be this time. All indicators pointed to the ballast. I ordered one and upon receipt, proceeded to install the brand new ballast. After installation, I crossed my fingers and plugged the set back in and STILL heard the clicking with one red light flashing. Now I have decided to ask for help before spending anymore money and before calling in the troops (service guy) or chucking it into the dumpster. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: HLS5687 Problem

Postby Kelly » Sat May 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Return to “Samsung Discussion”