hls4266w strange audio issue.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
xPETEx

hls4266w strange audio issue.

Postby xPETEx » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm

The 4266w that I have is 2.5 years old. Lamp hours are currently 116500. New Lamp should arrive from DM today.
A few months ago a strange noise started to come out of the speakers at random times. sometimes once every minute or so, other times ever 10 seconds. I can only describe it as the sound that the ball makes when it hits the paddle in the game PONG.
It usually occurs after the TV has been on for a while, but not always. I have hooked it up thru a receiver and turned on the internal mute, and it still happens (although not a frequently)
I also have the black horizontal lines on both sides of the of the screen, and some of the "splotches" on the screen as well.
I'm afraid that both of the boards DMD & Analog boards are on the way out. If thats the case, I think it would be cheaper to scrap it and get a new one.
Have any of you ever heard of this strange "pong" noise? Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Pete

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: hls4266w strange audio issue.

Postby Kelly » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 am

xPETEx

Postby xPETEx » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 am

Thanks for the reply Kelly,
All of the Audio/Video cables are connected properly. I failed to mention earlier that the output of the speakers sound like Max Headroom at times as well. The time and skill to replace the boards is not an issue, it's more of an issue of worth. Being an Electro/Mechanical engineer, I have an awesome soldering iron! lol.
I could just go and buy new and have a fresh warranty.
Thanks again

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Kelly » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:22 pm

ehudwill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ehudwill » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Pete I am having a similar problem with the same tv. Were you able to resolve your problem?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”