Will not power on, 3 lights when plugged in. Ideas

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
erixgix
Contributor
Contributor

Will not power on, 3 lights when plugged in. Ideas

Postby erixgix » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:08 am

My HLR4667W was working just fine for the last 3 years with mostly infrequent use. Went to turn it on and no picture or audio.

Initially when hitting the power button it was flashing the timer and standby. But after unplugging it and plugging it back in, it does not respond to the power button and after flashing the lamp for a few seconds goes to all 3 flashing. Does not appear to attempt to start and never head the ballast or color wheel spin up.

I replaced the lamp and no change. When plugged in, flashes lamp for a few seconds and goes to all 3 lights as before. I verifiid continuity at the lamp door switch so it appears to be working.

There is one click when plugged in coming from the power supply assuming its trying to go to standby, but just goes to flashy leds. No clicks or sounds from the ballast or spinning sounds. But sinces it doing it at pllug in I cant get to even try to turn it on so I wouldnt expect to hear anyting else.

Any ideas as to a likely culprit? I've checked voltage to the Ballast and it appears to have a pretty big number (800v) but I am questioning if I read that right since it shouldnt be over 320v.

Appreciate any input. Thanks!

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Will not power on, 3 lights when plugged in. Ideas

Postby Kelly » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 pm

bkeith65
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bkeith65 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:05 am

erixgix, if you get this figured out, post up the fix..mine is very similar although I get a few more sounds than you do...I will post up if I get my figured out also..

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will not power on, 3 lights when plugged in. I

Postby Angel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

bkeith65
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bkeith65 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

I can't see anything on the screen when I try to reset lamp timer..nothing comes up and I have tried to type in sequence dozens of times....

erixgix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby erixgix » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:07 am

I cant reset the lamp timer as the set wont turn on. And it seems pretty sure that the lamp was never the issue.

As far as sounds, no sounds what so ever save the single click when the set is plugged in which appears to come from the power supply.

It seems on plug in that there is some kind of check it tried to perform (this is before trying the power button or remote) and it is not getting to the standby point that enables it to power on via the power button or remote.

So you plug it in, the lamp light flashes, then all three LED's flash and you are done at that point.

I've called around to a couple shopes and they are of no help and have indicated all they do is start swapping parts till then find what works. Seems there must be a better way?

bkeith65
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bkeith65 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey..I found out my color wheel had exploded..Have you looked there yet?

erixgix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby erixgix » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 am

Happy days!! After ordering a couple bits on ebay, it turns out its the power supply. I had ruled it out as it was sending 400 volts to the ballast, but the portion that powers the DMD was dead. Put the new power supply in and fired right up and is working fine.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”