HLN567WX/XAA will not turn on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
stratdm

HLN567WX/XAA will not turn on

Postby stratdm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 pm

I have an HLN567WX/XAA that will not turn on. After hitting the on button, the tv clicks followed by the lamp light blinking twice. It then clicks again and immediately powers off. This process takes a little more than one second. The lamp was replaced about six months ago and the tv has been working fine util about a week ago.
I just replaced the lamp ballast today but it did not fix this issue. Based on some of the posts that I have read here, it seems like the Digital Power Control Board would be the next thing to replace. Does this sound like the next logical step for repair? Has anyone else had these same symptoms? Thanks in advance for any advice. Any help is very much appreciated.

Eddie

Re: HLN567WX/XAA will not turn on

Postby Eddie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 am

Have you checked to make sure all of the cables are attached properly? Also there's that little blue switch that detects if the door is closed or not. Check to make sure that switch isn't broken and see if you can describe any sounds coming from the TV
--

Eddie

stratdm

Re: HLN567WX/XAA will not turn on

Postby stratdm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:58 am

Eddie:
All of the cables are attached properly. I made sure to remount the small blue switch that is thrown by the lamp cover after replacing the ballast. The switch appeared to be functional.

As far as sounds go, I only hear what sounds like two clicks as described in the original post. I do not get the startup chime and I do not hear the color wheel spin up.

I was able to successfully power on the tv a few times by holding down the power button while plugging the TV into the AC power. However, this trick is no longer working. Does this ring a bell at all?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”