won't turn off WTF?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Jer
Contributor
Contributor

won't turn off WTF?

Postby Jer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 am

I have a 5063W Samsung and it's acting up. the bulb has been replaced and the color wheel last year. I've done all the work thanks to this forum...THANKS ALL!
here's the problem: it won't turn on until i unplug it and plug it back in...then the lamp light comes on the TV may or may not go thru the "3 try cycle". If the TV starts it can not be turned off with out unplugging it and the picture gets satuated during this senerio. next time i reset it (unplug it) it will work fine until next time i go through the above again. One of the kids tells me if you strike the TV during the first try it will come one (i hope i don't catch him) I really like the TV...But GEEEZ this things a pain in the A$$....
I'm thinking (by reading all the post and talking to the DM folks) it's the color wheel again.
BTW- my family turns this thing on in the morning and with a family of 8 (3-50 years old) it's midnight before it see's dark again...so it owes me nothing!

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: won't turn off WTF?

Postby Jake » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Color wheel :D
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Jer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:20 pm

DM is out of stock...thanks! i'll let you know how it turns out thanks again to all that help out here!

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Jake » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:44 pm

ammm you can check on... google or maybe on ebay.

maybe you can find there the color wheel that you need
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Jer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 am

so i put in the new color wheel and presto works great!

now the bad news :x I went to clean what i thought was a dust spot on the lens/projector... well it was not dust but the coating coming off the lens, so I rubbed it and lots of the coating came off :evil:
anyone know where to sorce that little jewel?

hi-ho hi-ho it's off tho google i go :mrgreen:

Jer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 am

So far i'm being told by j & j international aka samsungparts.com "no longer available" OUCH!

Jer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:40 am

Well Samsung told me I'm S.O.L that if i can't get the part from samsungparts.com i should check e-bay or google the part. doesn't speak well for Samsung...no parts for a 2 1/2 year old tv.

Oh well i hear there are a few other LCD mfg's out there ie: sony, panasonic and so on...i think i'll get a warranty this time for sure.

NO Samsung's in my future anywhoo.

Thanks to all that contribute to this forum and the folks that created it. I hope i won't need one (forum) for the tv i purchase.

Just the history on my HLP5063W in 2 1/2 years. cost $2400 new plus tax
2 color wheels including the one i just installed and not including the original $125 each
3 bulbs including the new one i just bought $120ish average
1 balast (yes it was bad) $100
and now the delaminating lens. Not available :shock:
Also all the labor was on me or it would have cost me HUNDREDS more to own this tv for 2 1/2 years.

One more thing the guys at DM (site sponsor) are a class act. They have always gone above and beyond to be helpful.

once again thanks to all ;)
Jer

Return to “Samsung Discussion”