Samsung HLR4266W, strobing and bad color

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
johnvic

Samsung HLR4266W, strobing and bad color

Postby johnvic » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:22 pm

I have had a Samsung HLR4266W DLP for 3 1/2 years now. For over a year the HDMI input was dead but I didn't care because I only had 2 HD sources. Then I bought a 3rd HD source and wanted my HDMI fixed. Since I had the extended warrenty I called the "Geek Squad" and they said they needed to replace the input board. After they replace it I noticed that all dark scenes in movies look purple and pixelated. So the guy comes back and adjusts the INDEX DELAY in the service menu because he said it reset and he forgot to set it back. Now I notice that one of my component inputs is dead. Well it must have been when he was working on the set because he finds that he needed to re-solder the connection. I had also noticed that sometimes I get a strobing effect when there is a greyish white backround on the picture. He tells me that is normal with DLPs. I never had that for 3 years before this! I'm not sure but it seems to be intermittent and seems to happen more with 720p sources than 1080i. The dark scenes look a little green and more blotchy than I remember from before. I have had it with the geek squad honestly. But before I spend money on a new tv ( at a different store ) I want to see if I can fix this. I don't want to throw good money after bad, but I would like to get another year out of it.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung HLR4266W, strobing and bad color

Postby Jake » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Ok what i can recommend you is to display the menu.
If your menu display doesn't have any problems that means that the problem, probably is going to be your DMD board. If not, then the problem is with the digital video board.

Check that and if you can post some pictures of whats happening with your TV its going to be better.
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”