HL61A650 - Up arrow button stuck?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
lolwutwut

HL61A650 - Up arrow button stuck?

Postby lolwutwut » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 am

Hello there

I'm having a problem that is not lamp or ballast related and I wanted to illicit the help of this forum before contacting any television serviceman.

This evening when I went to turn my television on, it all of a sudden just started to cycle through all of the DTV and Air channels for no reason. As far as I can tell, there wasn't a button stuck or depressed on the remote or on the television itself. However the symptoms seemed to look like there was a button stuck somewhere or there was some interference of some sort causing the the channels to go up in number. It was not doing a channel scan like the one you do when initially setting up your television nor do I have cable television or a DTV box. I just use this set for movies and gaming.

I left the television unplugged for an hour and went back to see if this may reset the firmware.

It did not.

I then called Samsung support who had me perform a factory reset by holding the exit button down for 10 seconds. In reality this took about a good minute because the commands from the remote were being "blocked" and only allowed through at certain intervals. Eventually I was able to do a factory reset and the television shut off and went through it's initial setup process to which he selection cursor was still moving up and it was impossible to progress through the setup process at all!

I relayed this to the tech and the only response I got was to call a repair shop. Low and behold, the locator for support on Samsung's site does not work and I am returned with a "schedule not found" error. Whatever that means.

So, long story short. Up button appears to be stuck in the firmware of the television. No buttons are actually stuck and it looks like there may be either something faulty in the firmware or there is some interference (a rogue remote control?) that is causing this to happen. Replaced the batteries in my remote and this did not help.

HELP

EDIT: another example of what I am experiencing can be found here: http://forums.techguy.org/reviews/64736 ... cling.html

I can't bring my television back for a refund, it just happened to do this right after the warranty expired LAST WEEK.

Eddie

Re: HL61A650 - Up arrow button stuck?

Postby Eddie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Could be a bad button set on your unit itself. Did you try to also press the down button on the TV? That should cancel out the up button being stuck. If it doesn't, I'd try to replace your main board. DM has a bunch of parts for that kind of thing.
--

Eddie

Return to “Samsung Discussion”