Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR5067

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR5067

Postby feerfacktor » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Increasingly as of late, when i turn on my tv the main input and av input but not hdmi is covered with a moving translucent green frozen picture with vertical green lines, it has doing it more and more, it i let my tv sit without power for a few days it will work for a while again. Also i dont know if it is related or not but when i am watching a movie with the hdmi input sometimes the screen pauses and the tv resets and comes back on. Also sometimes when i hit power the tv wont come on, i wont get the tone and the light just blinks until it goes into standbly again. I have read a lot of forums on multiple sites including this one but have never seen my entire problem or it resolved.

Eddie

Re: Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR5067

Postby Eddie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:41 pm

A few things I can think of are a DMD board or a color wheel. The green lines may be caused by a bad DMD chip, which resides on the DMD board. A color wheel could also cause funky colors, but not a straight line like you're describing. Try to clean out the unit with a can of compressed air, then see if that does the trick. The problem can't really be resolved easily if it's a DMD issue. That's like the DLP killer. The DMD is what makes DMD possible... like of like how the flux capacitor making time travel possible.
--

Eddie

feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR506

Postby feerfacktor » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:54 pm

If a part like that was bad(color wheel) would the green not show up all the time?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:58 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Postby feerfacktor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks for your help. From reading other posts I'm confident I have multiple issues with my tv. I think the best thing to do is to take it somewhere.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”