samsung dlp sp50l7hx

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dannysmith

samsung dlp sp50l7hx

Postby dannysmith » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:47 am

I have been given a samsung dlp sp50l7hx tv by a friend, who bought a new tv as there is a problem with the samsung he has given me. He and I both believe the problem to be the bulb, but as neither are experts we cannot be sure, there could also for example be a problem with the colour wheel or ballast. Now i have to decide whether to buy a replacement bulb and see if the tv works or not. If the tv works with the new bulb then brilliant, but I don't want to spend 100-150 pounds on a bulb, only to find out that there is another problem with the tv. Is there any definitive way of diagnosing the problem, or could you give me any advice? thanks.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: samsung dlp sp50l7hx

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi,

I am sure there are, we can start with the most basic 2 things I do: :geek:

1 plug in the TV and what happens? normally these have sounds of malfunctioning parts and blinking error lights up front ;)

2 open the lamp door cover and take out the lamp to inspect it like you would a car headlight bulb.. does it look darkened? fogged, or even shattered? (the lamp should be crystal clear) 8-)

hope this helps get you started :ugeek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”