DLP component jacks

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
RUSmiling

DLP component jacks

Postby RUSmiling » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

My HL-P5063W (Samsung 50" DLP) component jacks are 1 by 1 failing. I have had other issues with this set and it is only 4 years old. Had I problem with the set turning itself off (figured out and corrected the issue, but annoyed at the poor engineering that would let this happen) I lost the HDMI about a year and a half ago( very annoying!), now the blue jack imput for the DVD is not making a connection. I peered into the jack with a flashlight and could see that the metal bit at the back of the jack was pushed back enough so the male cable could not make a connection. These component jacks are old technology that should not be failing like this. I wonder if using "Monster" cables have any part of this problem. Also, whats up with the HDMI? Is it replaceable, is it a code or board problem? Stupid TV ;)

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: DLP component jacks

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello RUSmiling,

Silence is not golden on a forum so please forgive us for not replying to your post. We hope you were able to solve your problem. We promise to be here for any future issues you have. Hope to see you posting again.

These Video boards are normally very good and have a great lifespan and things like humidity or overheating can cause then to fail prematurely. The analog input could have been damaged in the way you describe if the "monster" connector pin is longer than normal (i doubt that is the case) or if it has been "poked" with something other than the analog jack. :cry:

The hdmi could have soldered off if it overheated, this can only be fixed by a technician or by replacing the entire board... :roll:

I hope this helps! :geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”