DLP LED shutting down

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Coolride

DLP LED shutting down

Postby Coolride » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi folks, guess I'm on a mission to fix my 1 1/2yr. old DLP myself(HL67A750A). Here's the problem, this morning it started shutting itself down, and seems to try an restart but without a picture, and will display the led light in the right corner of the case, and the blue ring will stay on the power button. At first I unplugged it, and it reset fine, then it got worse after doing that, sometimes my picture is screwy. I noticed when I unplugged it when it just had the LED light and blue power ring light on, it's just like that when I plugged it back in, the blue power button doesn't have to be pushed, it's ON when I plug it back in. At first I heard a loud whining too. A couple times when I did get a picture, I could get to the menu with the remote, and then I couldn't, and I had to do it fast before I loose the picture again and the relay clicking starts. I pulled the back off, and the fans are all running. When it first started ,the set wasn't on for only 5minutes, I know a component has failed, but where do I start. Where would you get a schematic, and parts for this thing if we do figure it out? I hope I've given someone enough info. to go on. I used to always have to solder in conversion chips in my old projection Mits. set, but I don't know where to start with these symptoms . Thanks for any info. you guys have. Scott

Eddie

Re: DLP LED shutting down

Postby Eddie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 pm

A description of how bad the TV picture is will help.. Lines? Distortion? Pixelation? Those things are extremely helpful in determining if it's a DMD or color wheel issue. You should also take out the lamp as that may be the culprit. Lamps can last 2-3 years easy, but it's not unheard of for them to go out within the first 18 months.
--

Eddie

Return to “Samsung Discussion”