My DLP turns off when you press ANY key any remote

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mydlpisbroke

My DLP turns off when you press ANY key any remote

Postby mydlpisbroke » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 am

Model # HL50A650C1FXZA.

TV is about 1 and 1/2 - 2 yrs old. I just moved into a new apt, tv worked fine at the old house. heres my problem:

I can turn on my tv using remote or power button on tv it doesn't matter it works fine, TV comes on and the picture looks great, if I dont press ANYTHING, i can watch whatever channel it's on all day, BUT, if i use any one of my 3 remotes, (TV, cable box remote, or my reciever remote which is also samsung) my tv turns off right away. I can't turn the volume up, turn the channel, access the menu or anything. If i use the buttons on the tv itself i can access and navigate the menu just fine, it ONLY turns off when you use any of the remotes. I tried resetting the remotes, resetting all TV settings back to default, and checked the lamp auto shut off switch. it's none of those.

any suggestions? i'm clueless, thanks in advnace.

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: My DLP turns off when you press ANY key any remote

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Well if you are having problems with the remote controls, most probably could be a problem with the Remote Sensor "board", maybe theres like a short circuit or something like that. I could be probable when you press any button is just sending a signal of turning of.

Hope this help
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”