HL-P4674W Tivo Component problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
FrostyKev

HL-P4674W Tivo Component problems

Postby FrostyKev » Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 am

This is an odd one, at least for me it is. I've had numerous issues with this set, light engine has been replaced several times under warantee and extended service etc but alas it is now out of warranty.

While watching one or two channels (most notably on NickJr) in SD through Tivo/Component the signal goes blank, audio is present. Sometimes it scans a bit, almost like an old vcr that isn't tuned/tracking correctly (for those of you that remember that) I can go back to the Tivo menu, but when I do that it takes a few seconds and the menu looks wonky, green and fuzzy, but then will be ok. Sometimes It takes longer. I have tried to switch inputs while in this state, occasionally it will switch ok and after a few seconds it will return to normal, but sometimes it won't even respond to input changes.

The odd thing is that it happens almost 100% of the time on some shows, specific channels, but on others like HD shows or non kids shows it is rare or never happens.

At this point I don't have another TV that is easy to test the Tivo on, at least not with the components.

Anyone seen anything like this before? I may be able to post video later if that would help. Wife wants a new one, I wouldn't mind upgrading but I also don't want to spend the $$ right now. Ideas?

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HL-P4674W Tivo Component problems

Postby BYO » Thu May 26, 2011 11:11 pm

:geek: Welcome FrostyKev,

Never heard of Tivo issues like this..... BUT..... if you are getting same thing on other inputs there is a really good chance that either your Digital Video Board or your Analog Video Board are bad. try to isolate the issue a little bit more by disconnecting all analog inputs and just watching digital inputs (HDMI, component), and do the opposite by disconnecting all digital inputs and leaving all analogs (RCA's, UHF, etc).

:idea:
Video signal is processed different between analogs and digitals,
analog signals goes thru the Analog video board first < than thru a digital video board > than to the DMD board (which project image to screen is part of light engine)
This is the analog board for your TV:
:arrow: http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 200780.htm

:idea:
and digital signals, goes thru digital board > than thru DMD (it bypasses analog board)
and this is the digital board for your TV:
:arrow: http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 200777.htm

Soooooooooooo.......
If you have same symptoms in both kind of connections, there is a good chance that either your Digital Board or DMD are bad.
and
if you problems only with analog inputs, than most probably you might have issues only with the Analog video board. :!:

Hope this helps you :mrgreen:
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”