Samsung HL-R5087W bad bulb indicator, help!!!!!!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Jose
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HL-R5087W bad bulb indicator, help!!!!!!!

Postby Jose » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 pm

I have been browsing through the posts in this forum and I thank you for the valuable knowledge in diagnosing problems. However, I have a bad bulb indicator and I replaced the bulb with a spare I had(bought 2 the last time). Before this insident, the tv was serviced for a broken color wheel, I decided to see if the color wheel was turning( I unscrewed the plug for the bulb from the bulb's housing, this way I can keep everything plugged) and to my satisfaction it was intact and turning. The bulb doesnt light up and I only hear one click when I power up the tv. Also, I have to unplug the tv because the blown bulb indicator stays on and hitting the power button just gets it stuck on a testing state for a while before it goes back to the blown bulb indicator. Can someone help me diagnose this issue? I am tech savvy, I am a student at devry majoring in Electrical Engineering Technology, and can do all the repairs a tech would, I would hate to pay a tech for something I can do once I know what is wrong. ;)

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung HL-R5087W bad bulb indicator, help!!!!

Postby Angel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Reset the lamp timer, instructions here: .

If this doesn't work the problem is most probably the ballast.

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Jose
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 am

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 am

Yes, that's what I would do. However check the output voltage of the ballast, just to be on the safe side, since it might be a defective bulb also.

Jose
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jose » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Number5

Re: Samsung HL-R5087W bad bulb indicator, help!!!!!!!

Postby Number5 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:13 pm

HI Jose...I had a similar problem. After installing a new color wheel on my Samsung HLP6163W I could not get my DLP lamp to start. After checking all the connections several times, I decide to reinstall my old color wheel to eliminate the new color wheel as the problem. Bingo! she came right up. Apparently DLP Express sent me the wrong color wheel and now they won't take it back because I installed it. But I wouldn't know it was the wrong color wheel unless I did install it. Bummer, lost $130 bucks I would be very reluctant to buy from them again. Any way I hope this helps, let us know.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Return to “Samsung Discussion”