HL-P4663W no longer powers on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
lynnfield
Contributor
Contributor

HL-P4663W no longer powers on

Postby lynnfield » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:19 pm

I have been reading this Samsung forum in the past 2 weeks since my 5-year old TV started having this problem. Up until now, I think it might be the ballast but I'm not so sure. That's why I'm asking for your input.

Two weeks ago, I turned it on, the lamp light blinked for 30 seconds then it turned off by itself. Then it turned on by itselft and after 30 secs, it turned itself off again. After this, it repeated one more time and the 3 lights: Standby, Timer, and Lamp started blinking all at once. I unplugged the TV for 30 mins and was able to get it to work again. I was able to do this a couple more times. However, I can't do this anymore even I unplugged it for hours. I can hear the sound coming from the speaker but just no picture. There is also no noise or anything unusual.

Any input is appreciated so I can buy the right replacement part.

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HL-P4663W no longer powers on

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Have you already change your lamp???
Lamps have a life span of 6,000 up to 8,000 hours of usage. Thats like 3-4 years.
If you never changed your lamp before, i would suggest to start from there.

If you already change your lamp and still doesn't work, it could be a problem with the ballast.

Also big suggestion, is to make sure the part where the enclosure and fans are, to be clean. Sometimes with the "dust bunnies" they kinda clog the fans. The back of your TV has a temperature sensor, once it reaches the high temperature basically the TV will turn off.
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

lynnfield
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lynnfield » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 pm

No I have not changed the lamp yet. I know it's getting really old. So you don't think the ballast that is causing the problem? But I will try to clean the dust inside first and see if it helps. If not, I will replace the lamp as you suggested. Hopefully it's the culprit :)

lynnfield
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lynnfield » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Btw, thanks for your input Jake.

lynnfield
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lynnfield » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Just want to update in case somebody has the same issue that I did. I replaced the lamp and it works fine now; it was quick and easy. Thanks for the help. Btw, my older lamp lasted for 10776 hours :D

Return to “Samsung Discussion”