HLR5067WAX/XAA - Ordered wrong color wheel? Nooo!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Hrmm

HLR5067WAX/XAA - Ordered wrong color wheel? Nooo!

Postby Hrmm » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

After googling for bit, I think may have ordered the wrong color wheel. Samsungparts.com said that this was compatible with my model TV, but I believe the wheel I’m replacing is the L6 chassis and the part I received is L3. The samsung return policy says they don’t replace open parts. Am I out $139? In my searching around, I found an Amazon comment where a guy said he removed the wheel from the new chassis and put it in the old chassis before installing. Is this risky?

Another problem is that I haven’t even removed my old color wheel because it looks way more intimidating than the L3 chassis wheel in the youtube vids. Can anyone look at this pic and point me in the right direction in removing it? I’m going to feel real stupid ordering a service manual from a shady website just to remove the last couple of screws. I’ve come too far. Ha ha.
Attachments
Comparison.JPG
Wrong wheel?
Comparison.JPG (238.28 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Ohdamn2.JPG
Shouldn't this come out now?
Ohdamn2.JPG (194.64 KiB) Viewed 4173 times

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR5067WAX/XAA - Ordered wrong color wheel? Nooo!

Postby grayfox » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 pm

its an easy fix ;) , if you do not have room to remove the old bare colorwheel and replace it with the new one, you will need to remove the complete plastic light tunnel from the colorwheel base :(

You are just a couple of screw away! be very careful when handling the bare colorwheel (kinda like you would a CD) 8-)

unfortunately the light tunnel, and light engine use the metal base of the colorwheel as a bridge if you will... :shock: so there's a lot of screws to remove but not impossible!

Good Luck!!! :geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”