Samsung New color wheel worked for a couple hours?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dqboy
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung New color wheel worked for a couple hours?

Postby dqboy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 pm

I replaced my color wheel on my DLP4663w Samsung and the red and blue colors were reversed in the picture. So after looking at some of the postings on Jangro, I removed the jumper that is near the color wheel, then I pushed mute-1-8-2-power to enter the service mode and instantly my colors corrected themselves and there was a red bar at bottom of the screen as described on Jangro, my picture looked great, and I watched the TV for a couple hours; all was working well. Next I shut off the TV for ten minutes, and when I turned it back on the green warning indicator on the power button "lamp" flashes and after a minute the TV cycles off and back on, but no picture comes on, then the TV goes off and The red stand-by light and the two green Timer/Lamp warning indicator lights all 3 flash.

Any advice would be Really Appreciated.

Steve

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung New color wheel worked for a couple ho

Postby Angel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 am

So, do you have sound?
Have you ever replaced the lamp?
Do you have any weird noise?
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

dqboy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung New color wheel worked for a couple hours?

Postby dqboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:24 pm

After the TV quit working I reinstalled my old color wheel, and now the TV works fine, but the buzzing is back. So I'm wondering, did I buy a defective color wheel that worked great, but only lasted a couple hours? Or did the replacement color wheel fail because it was the incorrect part?

The replacement color wheel did have some small differences, and on the some other web site it tells you that only exact replacements will work.

On a site called Jangro it suggests that you are able to use either type collor wheel; there it tells you to remove a factory jumper located on the projector chassis and then reprogram your TV to match that configuration. Their advice is backed-up by a yellow sticker inside the TV that details removing the jumper when using an "air bearing" type color wheel.

Right now I'm just living with the buzzing until I am sure which type color wheel to purchase and install, the DOA bearing type or the air bearing type. Any advice would be much appriciated.... Thank You :)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”