samsung DLP TV SP56L7HX no sound no poicture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kevin
Contributor
Contributor

samsung DLP TV SP56L7HX no sound no poicture

Postby kevin » Fri May 13, 2011 11:16 am

No sound or picture, information led come on with info wheel showing smiley face and sometimes just spinningf round. have taken a look at bulb and seems fine, however lens fixed infront seems to be cracked.
Not sure what it coulkd be, have read about colour wheel and ballast but have no idea where these are and how this can affect total shut down.

No noise was heard when tv shut down.

Any answers much appreciated :D

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: samsung DLP TV SP56L7HX no sound no poicture

Postby grayfox » Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 pm

do you have a picture of the cracked part?, I think this is just a lamp issue. Any symptoms like buzzing or grinding sounds
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

kevin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kevin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 am

Hi

Sorry have no picture of cracked glass infront of lamp, have been told this is common and not the cause. There is no grinding noise or other sound of whirling etc just dead.
Have been told it could be the colour wheel as should hear this, but then again could be anything i guess. If there is nothing that can really tell me what is what will consider this a dead duck, have checked lamps and they are quite expensive.

Its a shame as nice tv when worked, its a shame that even if lamp does go, tv will not work sound as well but should still have ballast and or colour wheel etc.

Any clues?? all appreciated
Kevin

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 pm

this might be the ballast, but I would try a new lamp first since it is the most common part to go bad, if it was the color wheel you would have gotten some kind of discoloration before it went out...

Hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

kevin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kevin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi

Thanks. There was no discolouration it just went out.

But would the lamp really cause all the tv not to work but leave the led lights on on the front? If so will hunt down a bulb and try.

Really appreciate your help.

Also if ballast is this the main supply of power?

Thanks
Kevin

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Well if the ballast fails, then it does not proceed with its only purpose and TV never turns on (ballast handles lamp ignition)
If the colorwheel is bad then the detection of mentioned fail, tell the mother board to abort ignition.

Please refer to some very helpful guides located at this forums homepage under "GUIDES" they have some for both ballast and colorwheels.

kevin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kevin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am

:D thanks

How do i check the ballast and what would i be looking for ( have multi meter ) and if ballast where can i get a refurb or replacement for this as looked online and difficult to locate.

Many many thanks
Kevin

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 pm

welcome! :D

WAIT WARNING! :!: :roll: the ballast plugs directly into the lamp so finding it is as easy as following the cables from the lamp... ;) BUT this generates a 15 kV ignition charge :o so I strongly recommend you DO NOT take you multimeter to test it! :cry: you can test it for watts after the lamp ignites, :idea: but even then I would be very careful and not recommend it. :| you can test the output from Power Supply to Ballast and tell me how much it reads since it varies...if its fine then the ballast could be fried... :shock:

kevin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kevin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi thanks

wow so much power.
Will check but cant do at present as away.
Maybe a little time so please bear with me.

Will let you know power to ballast from power supply.

Thanks a million
Kevin

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

welcome ;)

I'll be around :D

good luck! :mrgreen:

Return to “Samsung Discussion”