Samsung HL-S5687W 56" DLP picture dim...

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bwilliamsmcp

Samsung HL-S5687W 56" DLP picture dim...

Postby bwilliamsmcp » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:31 am

I have a Samsung HL-S5687W 56" DLP tv that is approximately 3 years old. Unfortunately, I found this site, went to look up my lamp hours...because my pic is so dim I could not see what was on the screen and accidentally reset before seeing how many hours.

My issue is the screen is really dim. I can still see the picture, but at least 50% dimmer than it was. This started right after I hooked my laptop to the tv to try and watch NFL game rewind on the big screen. I thought that maybe my bulb was going out, but after reading in the manual and some of the posts here, I see the led's on the front of the set will be on or something if the bulb is going out...I have none of my led's on so I am assuming that is not my problem.

Can anyone try to help me get my bright picture back? I have tried resetting all of my picture options in the menu, didn't help. I have not messed with anything else in the repair mode as I do not want to mess anything up.

Please help if you can.

Thanks!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HL-S5687W 56" DLP picture dim...

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Hello bwilliamsmcp,

Silence is not golden on a forum so please forgive us for not replying to your post. We hope you were able to solve your problem. We promise to be here for any future issues you have. Hope to see you posting again.

This sounds like a simple lamp replacement. I bet you had your lamp well in for >3 yrs.. :cry: I hope you got this fixed, please post if you have any further questions!

:geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”