Samsung HLN467W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DLPFan5

Samsung HLN467W

Postby DLPFan5 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 pm

When I turn on my HLN467W DLP TV the picture is frozen and it is a black screen with white pixles only. Cannot turn off TV unless I unplug. Is this a lamp problem? How can I fix?

Jake
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung HLN467W

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:12 pm

that's a problem with the DMD board :]

you need to replace it. You can either look for a DMD board or you can buy the full light engine :D
[color=#FF0000]Jakey![/color]

prokopii

Postby prokopii » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 pm

I have a 7yo Samsung HLN467W...last night when started, it goes through normal startup routine...you can hear sound but no picture. The lamp has definitely lit...you can see it inside the case...the screen flickers but is primarily solid bluish-black. I changed video inputs and that helped for a while but now is same issue whether using component (RBG) or Video. Thoughts? Most posts online suggest DMD board.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello prokopii.
There is a very high possibility it might be the DMD or digital video board.
Here is one of my old posts that explain the problem in a little more detail.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
Ok, so to sum things up, try to bring up the tv menu. If nothing happens then the DMD board is our prime suspect. Other wise you might want to check the digital video board, if there are any swollen capacitors you could replace them and hopefully have a problem solved. Other wise, you may need to replace the entire board.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

prokopii

Postby prokopii » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Thank you Night Kid. Serendipitously I had tried multiple connections. Yesterday the menu came up with no issues...but today it does not show. So Assuming DMD.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”