lamp cover door

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mainesheets
Contributor
Contributor

lamp cover door

Postby mainesheets » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

ok, here is my problem with my Samsung HL-5086wx/xaa lamp code BP96-01472a (P132w). Turn on the TV starts fine bright good picture for 30 seconds every time. shuts down with red stand by/temp light blinking and lamp blinking. these indcate lamp cover not properly shut. i have check this and jumped out the switch. the same thing happens. Ok then i vacuumed and blow all the dust out. it is very clean. same problem no change. the fans seem to be working i have no messages on the srceen about the fans but the are turning ok. it seems to act like its heating up and shuting down. is the the lamp or some kind of thermo shut down sensor thay can be relaced? tv runs from 6am to midnight just about every day. no parts have been changed out during its life. if its the lamp why dont all the lights blink per the manual. any sugestions??

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: lamp cover door

Postby Angel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

How many hours does your lamp have? It seems like the lamp timer has reached its limit.

It could also be a temperature sensor issue, you can find the sensor above the lamp place. Here is a link where you can see how they look and the price for them:

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

mainesheets
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mainesheets » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Perfect, I thought there might a sensor someplace I will look for that!! thank you so much. The hour show 14,645 so for. is there a timmer limit? also can i jump the sensor out to see if that is the issue or just order up a sensor. Thanks.

SteveJones
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SteveJones » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Have you ever changed out the lamp? I would try this first before spending money on a part you may not need. If the lamp doesn't solve the problem, guess what, you'll need a lamp shortly anyway! No harm in letting UHP lamp sit on the shelf for a few months (or even a few years).

My recommendation - get a new lamp if haven't swapped it out in the last 12 months, then go from there.. DM is a trusted vender.

mainesheets
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mainesheets » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 am

well, today i took the complete thing apart and cleaned all parts. I tried to jump out t
he thermo sensor (close the circuit and bypass the sensor) the unit did the same thing as listed above. So I will move on to the lamp. Now if the lamp is bad, will it still light up to full intensity then shut down after 30 seconds. just to give you as much info as i can when the lap shuts off i still have sound till the unit shuts it self off.and only the standby\temp light red and the lamp light green blink. model HLS 5086WX/XAA SER#B18E3CELC04256Y VER PB02 LAMP HOURS 14567 wow.

thank you,

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:30 pm

I recommend you to reset the lamp timer first, just to discard that possibility:

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

mainesheets
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mainesheets » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am

yep, set the hours to zero. waited a bit the restart and same issue. will the lamp light up if its bad? any thoughts. thanks

Return to “Samsung Discussion”