Samsung DLP Model HLP5085W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
slugletter
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP Model HLP5085W

Postby slugletter » Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Looking for some diagnostic help on my "project".

I have replaced the following:

a) New Philips Bulb
b) DMD Board
c) Color Wheel

The problem is the video display— there is none. The sound works fine, but there is no video or menu screen.
The menu screen does come up for 1 second when I enter the service menu, but that is it.

1) Color wheel and come on and seem to work the whole time
2) Fan is on and working
3) I have checked all connectors to insure that they are tight and secure
4) I get the "happy face" and the controls on the front of the tv don't seem to indicate a problem.

Most people seem to have display issues of varying sorts, I just don't have a display at all. Oddly, it was working for one day after I replaced the DMD board, color wheel, and bulb.

Any help would be appreciated.

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung DLP Model HLP5085W

Postby BYO » Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Well it seems like light engine is not the issue at all..... :shock:

:geek: To confirm this double check that lamp is ON, if you can sere the glow of the lamp, non of the components of the light engine are bad (you already replace lamp dmd and color wheel, if lamp is ON ballast is working properly as well the temp and lamp cover sensors)

:!: If that is the case there is a really good chance that the Digital Video Board is bad..... This board is the one that process image for the DMD.

In this case we really recommend you to get a technician since you might have a issue with something else.... you can get a certified Nesda tech on www.tvrepairpros.com just enter your state and zip code and will give you all the available certified techs around your area......

If you are advised that digital board is the issue you can get it here:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Produc ... lick=54985

Hope this info helps you :lol:

Have a good one :geek:
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

slugletter
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slugletter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:42 pm

slugletter
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slugletter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:54 pm

BYO et al.,

I just checked the model # HL-P5063W that is printed on the digital board, and I can tell by the pictures on Amazon and other sites that sold it that it is NOT the tv that I have. Mine is one of the Captain Kirk pedestal models. So I'm guessing it is model HL-P5085W.

I was given this tv from a guy who had a tv repairman come to look at it and was still in the progress of figuring out what was wrong with it when the cost got to be too much and he gave up on it. He didn't say anything about replacing the digital board.

So either the BP41-002120D is interchangeable with BP94-02164A and BP41-00120C and Samsung put it in the tv, or someone tried to fix it with the wrong board and didn't want to mention it to me.

HELP!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”