Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Samsung DLP Keeps Turning Off?

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 @ 11:44 am a member wrote:

Anywhere fron 30 minutes to a few hours later. It just turns off without warning. I called a local repair guy and he said to replace the bulb. Does this sound right? I have the HSL 6187. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Another member asked:

I have a samsung HLP 4663 that keeps going off and then sometimes comes back on a few minutes later.Maybe the bulb is hot and no ventilation and when it colls down comes back on.
Actually now i have no picture at all .
I will try the cleaning etc before buying new bulb .ty
Last edited by fixyourdlpblog on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung DLP Keeps Turning Off?

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 pm

I had the same problem with my 56″ DLP cutting Off on its own, with the “melody” and blinking lights in front. Turns out that you just need to reseat the “Lamp Housing” door on the back of the TV. Very simple just take it off and put it back on. There is a door sensor switch that was not properly set in the factory. Samsungs website has instructions and pictures. The hardest part was turning the TV around to get to the back. I reset the door about three weeks ago and it hasn’t cut off since. It used to cut off 2 -3 times an hour. Couldn’t play Madden or watch a movie through the Xbox without it going off. Hope this helps!!!!!!! :-)

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 pm

At 2009.02.04 22:37, Steven A. said:

Funny, before seeing your post being a former tv technician from the years of the CRT days. I first took out the lamp housing just to get the numbers off of the DLP to purchase another bulb. When I turned on my unit the problem went away and has not occurred in about 2 months. But as a technician I know that most problems start as intermitent but gradually get worst til a total failure takes place. I am keeping an eye on the next problem that will occur.

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 pm

At 2009.02.11 14:41, Steve said:

Samsung 4266w turns off with chimes after 5 minutes. It starts right up and has a great picture when it plays. I changed the bulb and color wheel, checked the fans and bulb door switch. Hate to put any more money into it also hate to chuck it as it cost $1300 two years ago. Any thoughts would be appriciated……Steve

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Jennifer
Submitted on 2009/03/05 at 4:52pm

I have a 50″ Samsung DLP purchased 3 years ago on 3-25-06. It just started shutting off. At first it is very intermittent–so much so that I thought my kids were playing with the remote and lying to me about it!–but now it won’t stay on for 5 minutes and the bulb has been replaced. It was $2700 new at the time (now about $1300, BUT STILL!) and for that much money I would not expect this to happen in less than three years. I bought a Samsung VCR, a Samsung cell phone, microwave…all because I loved this tv so much. If I had known that they want $900 to fix a fairly new tv that cost $2700 new, I would never have bought it! I have a 21 year old Sony tube tv that I’ve had since high school and it works great. What a rip off.

Screw you, Samsung!

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:56 pm

LINDA MCLARNEY
Submitted on 2009/03/03 at 10:55pm

MY DUMB DLP KEEPS GOING OFF. DOES NOT HAVE THAT MANY HOURS ON IT. WHEN IT GOES OFF IT PLAYS THE MELODY AND THE SHTE STANDBY/TEMP LIGHT COMES ON AND THE TIMER LIGHT BLINKS. COULD THIS BE THE FAN?

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:15 am

dlp king hehe
Submitted on 2009/02/21 at 3:03pm

DLP went on the frits 3 days ago!!
tried to turn the unit on it started up then turned its self off its blinking all 3 led,s in the front but the lamp and fans are working fine but yet it still is turning off about a minute after turning the unit on. also the picture is fine well other then the normal diming anyways so i dont beleave its the coler wheel. anyone have any ideas before i start spending money on things i dont need

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:18 am

JohhnyDelware
Submitted on 2009/02/19 at 10:27pm

just got a samsung hln4365wx xaa from a friends b/c it would not stay on.
what it does is after hitting the power switch the lamp would take a couple try to kick on then after a few secs it would and would stay on for about 15 seconds before shutting down and showing the two green on red blinking LEDs on front, could use some help thanks, great site

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:30 am

Steve
Submitted on 2009/02/11 at 2:41pm

Samsung 4266w turns off with chimes after 5 minutes. It starts right up and has a great picture when it plays. I changed the bulb and color wheel, checked the fans and bulb door switch. Hate to put any more money into it also hate to chuck it as it cost $1300 two years ago. Any thoughts would be appriciated……Steve

BackNBlack

Postby BackNBlack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:29 pm

I have the same problem as some others but do not see any replies on what the fix could be. Seems a little strange.

I have the Samsung 56", HL-S5687W. The TV will just play the melody and turn itself off after 30 minutes or so. Seems like a heat problem, the lamp has 7700 hours on it. when I turn it back on it works like new for another 30 minutes or so until it shuts off again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:07 am

--

Eddie

MaddScientist74

Postby MaddScientist74 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have a HLR-4266W that keeps turning off. When I press the power button either on the front of the TV, or on the remote control, the LAMP led will come on and the melody will play, you can hear the color wheel spin up, and the display will come on for about 30 seconds and will turn back off. It will then re-attempt 5 times to try and come on, however this time I get no display on the screen. After that, the TIMER, LAMP, and STANDBY/TEMP LEDs all blink simultaneously.

This all started about 3 months ago, when the bulb blew. There were literally little pieces of glass inside the bulb like it had exploded. I replaced the bulb, however it still does the same thing. Seeing how expensive all of the boards were, I actually ordered the Service Manual for the television that has all of the schematics and troubleshooting flowcharts for this. I am assuming that the lamp timer needs to be reset, but my problem is I can't get the screen to stay on for more than 5 seconds to even navigate the menus to perform the reset.

Is there a way around this? Can I hook up an external monitor? How do I "trick" the ballast into thinking it is getting the 5V it is looking for?

I have also replaced the ballast and the DMD board, verified all fans are running, swapped out the PCB that the analog board, dmd fans and blue switch connect to. But still get the same thing. I removed the rear cover and holding the blue switch down saw that every time the tv would go through its cycle, the ballast would ignite the lamp, but then after a few seconds would shut off. My conclusion is that some logic circuit keeps telling the ballast to turn off..... could this be caused by the lamp timer needing to be reset?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”