Samsung DLP HLP5674W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
huebusa60

Samsung DLP HLP5674W

Postby huebusa60 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 am

Help would be very much appreciated. I had my DLP for a number of years without an issue until now. The set was bought in the US and I'm now in Europe. My set was plugged into a step down transformer (wall unit) but was set on high (240V) by mistake for about 30 seconds before I caught it. I changed out the bulb several times (I had two available) but don't think that's the problem. The set turns ON, shows a picture and then shuts off (less than a minute). I checked fuses, looked for burn marks, etc... but have not determined where to start. Does anyone have a manual I can borrow? Has anyone had this problem before? Can anyone tell be what it might be? Thanks.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP HLP5674W

Postby grayfox » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Hello!
I would start by changing the power supply board (that which has the actual plug that goes to the wall) if that one survived the charge then the ballast might have received damage (the smaller board that plugs directly to the lamp). But I am almost certain the Power Supply board got fried! :shock:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”