Trying but Dying

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
TheLinebackers

Trying but Dying

Postby TheLinebackers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Great forum here - lots of good info.

I have a 3 year old Samsung HL-R4266W that is having some issues. I've read all the posts I can find that appear to be related and have tried a couple different suggestions, but no luck.

Started off where it would kick off on it's normal startup, picture and sound come on for about 10 seconds, and then the picture would go off, but sound would continue. I unplugged and powered it on and off this way several times, waiting several minutes inbetween. No change.

I cleaned the entire back of the set (lots of dust) and then removed the lamp door and carefully cleaned the accessible areas as well using a PC vac and compressed air. Keeping the lamp door switch down, I tried turning on the TV. Normal clicks and fan sounds (at least one fan is working - I don't know where the other is/are located) and startup tone. Watching the lamp, it lights (but not real bright) for about 3-5 seconds and then goes off, and the TV shuts down and I get the 3 lights (two green and one red on the power button). Now I don't even get the 10 seconds of sound and picture - it tries, but dies before it can get going. Never anything visible on the screen and no sound.

I tried the MUTE 1-8-2 Power sequence (no screen, but thought I would take a chance) and the set goes through the same motions, ending with the set off and the three lights flashing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Eddie

Re: Trying but Dying

Postby Eddie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm

That just sounds like a bad bulb. I'd get a new one to check it out. If you've had it for a few years, then it's definitely time for a new one. Otherwise, it could be a ballast issue or something keeping the lamp from igniting. From you post though, it sounds like the lamp.
--

Eddie

Return to “Samsung Discussion”