No Picture/ sound cuts out

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
billsfanmd

No Picture/ sound cuts out

Postby billsfanmd » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:38 am

Samsung HL- P4663W About 6 years old. Has worked perfectly....Bulb is about 3 years old...

My kids turn tv on, green lamp flashes a few times and no picture. I do see it flickering on the screen trying to come on. I hear clicking, a few bried flashes trhen nothing. After about 5 seconds the tv sound then goes out.

What is weird is the bulb is very bright out the back. I removed the rear cover to get the bulb number. The bulb is very bright and looks like it is working fine.

The last clue is when I press menu I get nothing. I think the timer light flashes whenever I press any buttons on the remote.

I tried to do reset as detailed on here but nothing happens and I cant get menu up on my screen?

bulb? color wheel? board prob?

thanks for any help before I take this thing to the dump...

Mike

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: No Picture/ sound cuts out

Postby grayfox » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:28 pm

hello,
to be honest, after 3 yrs the lamp should be near the end of its life span, I would recommend trying to replace that first since it is what goes out first and it will need replacement anytime soon even if it is not the cause. If this is not the cause I am 90% sure this could be a ballast problem once you can verify the lamp was not the issue. as long as there was never any color or image distortion you should be ok with the rest of the consumable components.

Hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”