Weird Problem with Samsung HL-S5679W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
harleygirl

Weird Problem with Samsung HL-S5679W

Postby harleygirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

1st off I know this TV is old but I'm kinda attached to it for a couple reasons. I have a really weird problem with it and have spent forever looking on the web for an answer and haven't found 1 yet. So here it is - The entire screen has a rapid flashing (strobing) thing happening upon turning it on. Picture still moves, sound works great, it just flashes fast. Does not turn on & off like other posts have mentioned & no warning lights. It happens in all modes, dvd, cable, ect. I have replaced the both power supply boards, the light engine, checked all the capacitors (all good), fans all turn on & are in working order. Wiring seems ok but I'm replacing them anyway (just in case). Had 2 repair men look at it & they can't figure it out either. Any ideas?

-Just a note, don't know if it will help find an answer but the guy who gave me the TV had satellite hooked up, was a gaming junky & ran the HD constantly

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Weird Problem with Samsung HL-S5679W

Postby grayfox » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello,

If you can lower your resolution (i read the HD gamer guy part) please give it a try... say from 1080 to 720... This may be an input compatibility or wear down.
How long ago was your lamp replaced? this is usually a lamp or ballast issue...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

circuitcentral208

Re: Weird Problem with Samsung HL-S5679W

Postby circuitcentral208 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 am

I have this same exact TV and have the exact same problem. If anyone out there knows what the problem board or part is please let me know. I have not found any info on this problem at all. Please call or text me at 208-919-9321 or email me at dj4life_2110@yahoo.com ANYTIME. I am going to continue to search for the resolution myself and if I find what it is I will also post how to fix it and what the exact problem is. Thanks in advance and I hope there is someone out there in the world that can help figure this issue out soon!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”