Samsung DLP HLR5078W Freezing picture/Audio find

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
pjaustinmd

Samsung DLP HLR5078W Freezing picture/Audio find

Postby pjaustinmd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Please help us...our TV, when turned on, has no picture but has audio. After it warms up, could take 5-8 minutes, the picture magically appears but freezes. We have ruled out the cable connection and it still freezes on other inputs (i.e. DVD). Samsung replaced the color wheel because we had the issue of a black band appearing on the left side of the screen. About 6 months after that replacement we started to have the screen freeze while still receiving audio. Very annoying for my husband watching sports!!! :twisted:

Anyway...strange thing is this: I got so angry with the TV that I smacked it from behind and the screen unfroze! For the first 30-45 minutes while the TV is on, we have to smack the back of the TV in various places to get it to unfreeze. Once the TV has been on for a good while, the freezing seems to stop altogether. At first it seemed as though we could smack one area and the TV would unfreeze but lately it seems we have to smack harder and all over.

Any ideas??~!!! Could it be that something is just loose -- an internal connection?

We've also replaced the lamp twice since purchasing the unit in Feb. 2006.

Please Help so I don't have to hear my husband yelling at the TV!!

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung DLP HLR5078W Freezing picture/Audio find

Postby BYO » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm

:D Hi,

:geek: This sounds like you have a bad DMD board, the DMD board is the one the creates the image and projects it to the screen. Watch this video that will explain you how the image is created on the TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_xZcYQE50

:idea: After watching the Video you will comprehend that all the microscopical mirrors stop moving when image freezes, this is a very common issue on Samsung's, and they know it, since they sell the spare part for the DLP Chip:
:arrow: http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Pa ... l=HLR5078W

Hope this info helps you!!
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”