Forum rules
fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Already Replaced Color Wheel and Lamp

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:10 pm

At 2008.12.12 15:53, Dunroamin said:

HELP!!
For several months, we experienced the screeching noise that is associated with the color wheel. This item was purchased and installed approx 3 weeks ago. I also ordered a lamp as my picture was dim. After gathering all available information, I then replaced the color wheel and the lamp. The tv came on just fine with the exception of the colors being reversed due to replacement of the color wheel. After more research, it was determined that jumper CN810 needed to be removed. To locate this jumper was quite difficult, however, after removing the heatsink fan and spring clip, I found the jumper and removed it. The tv powered on and did just fine for 2 days. While watching it, it simply powered down and all lights on the front began flashing.
spoke with Samsung once more and was then told it was possible it could be the ballast. So, a ballast was ordered. This latest part was installed and I attempted to turn on the tv again. This time, only the lamp light flashed while the tv tried to power on. The color wheel spins up (it can be heard), the ballast clicks and then the tv shuts back down. I then called once more and spoke with another tech, but no new suggestions were given except to have a service tech come out and try to repair it.
After reading some of these posts, it sure seems like either my new lamp is bad, or I need a different fan??? Any help would sure be appreciated - I am extremely reluctant to sink any more money into this TV without having a clear idea of what needs to be done.

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Already Replaced Color Wheel and Lamp

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 pm

John J
Submitted on 2009/03/08 at 6:04pm

I just replaced the color wheel in my Samsung DLP 46″, It would not come on. The lamp does not light. Checked it and it seemed to have a bad connector at the lamp power board. Three wire to the lamp from PC board. Tried to solder wire direct to board, touchy but appeared to be good connection. No lamp light still.
Can it be the lamp or do I just need to buy a new board and connector now, and see if that works first?

fixyourdlpblog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Already Replaced Color Wheel and Lamp

Postby fixyourdlpblog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:36 am

Scott
Submitted on 2009/02/08 at 9:02pm

I replaced the color wheel on my samsung hlp6163wx about two weeks ago. I went into the service menu and set as many of the settings as i could to the specs that came with the new color wheel. there were more settings available than what came with my color wheel specs so i could not change them all. Now certain skintones come out as purple or shadowed. this tends to happen when the face is in a shadow. Most every color looks great. Any suggestions?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”