24 hours a day, how long??

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dsenglish

24 hours a day, how long??

Postby dsenglish » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Hey all

I have a Samsung HLR5067WAX tv. It has been a rough ride owning it. I love this tv when it works. I purchased it back in 06 and I am on my 3rd light bulb. And all the guts of the TV were changed out too, when the first bulb went out.

Currently, the tv has a hard time turning on. Sometimes, it comes on right away. Other times, it cycles through a few start ups. The other day, it probably took 20 mins of trying to ignite the bulb to get it to come on. It finally did come on. And we haven't turned it off since. It has been on for 3 days now.

Basically, how long can I run this tv without turning it off?? How much long term damage could I be doing to the fans or the color wheel? The new bulb is about 10 months old, so I know it has a lot of life left.

I plan on replacing the ballast next year. There are no extra sounds when trying to turn the tv on. No bearings or whirring sounds. Just the electrical static click of the ballast trying to turn the bulb on. Everything about the tv seems so normal, but it just wont turn on. And then I want to toss the thing out, cause of how much frustration it has caused.

Thanks guys

Eddie

Re: 24 hours a day, how long??

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:42 pm

First instinct is the lamp, but if you've already replaced it it could be the ballast. If you look around the forums, it's always the same story.
--

Eddie

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: 24 hours a day, how long??

Postby Crowell » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Hmmmm, I beg to differ.
Do you hear a constant clicking when the tv is trying to turn on? If you do then its probably the ballast.
How ever if there are no other symptoms there is two other possible issues, you se the DMD board (the brain of the computer) is either failing and receiving erroneous readings or its working fine and the color wheel sensor is reading that the color wheel is bellow its 7200 rpm so its needs replacing.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “Samsung Discussion”