HLP6163WX/XAA questions (color wheel related)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
joelovero

HLP6163WX/XAA questions (color wheel related)

Postby joelovero » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I lucked into getting one of these sets for free. The people who had it before me were literally throwing it away so I grabbed it.

The TV works and the picture is outstanding. That said, I hear the color wheel "whine" getting louder every day. There has been no issue or change with the quality of the picture yet. Just the color wheel getting progressively louder with each use.

I've watched the Youtube videos and read about replacing the wheel and I have a few questions if someone can help.

Should I wait for the picture to go completely before attempting to replace the color wheel? As it stands, the TV is giving out a great picture. I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to let it die first or should I proactively replace this?

Second, what part should I order? Some of the links for color wheels I go to don't list my particular model as compatible. Is that just an error of omission or is the color wheel most people link to in the repair articles not compatible with my unit?

Also, am I just buying the colored wheel disc or am I buying an entire color wheel assembly? I've seen on some of the parts websites there are different parts you can order under color wheel.

Any help or advice (or links) would be very much appreciated. I'd like to order the part this week and take a shot at the replacement next weekend. Just not sure if I should do it before the TV loses the picture first or not.

Thanks for your time.

Joe

joelovero

Re: HLP6163WX/XAA questions (color wheel related)

Postby joelovero » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 am

Just to update - I know which color wheel to order for my set now. The thing I'm concerned about is the last part with the jumper. Does anyone have any good instructions on what I'm supposed to do with the jumper since that isn't covered in the videos I've watched.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”