HLR5067 turns off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jennfran

HLR5067 turns off

Postby jennfran » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Hello! I have a HLR5067 Samsung 5-6 yrs. old. 6 months ago the lamp went out and we replaced it. We did not reset the lamp hours, should I have? It has been working fine until a few weeks ago the t.v. started to turn off but have sound. I notice a red light comes on that reads standby/temp when the t.v. is off only. I have to wait a few minutes before I turn it back on. It does come back on but can go out again within 5 minutes up to hours.

I turned it on this morning and do not hear any multiple clicks and the lamp is also on. I do hear a fan or something spinning but have always heard this noise. Also I want to make note (maybe means nothing) when I use my cable remote when the t.v turns off and press the arrow keys to change channel it stays on same channel even though the cable box shows a different channel but when I use the # key pad to change the channel it goes to that channel and I hear that correct channel.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much in advance..Jenn

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HLR5067 turns off

Postby Jason1976 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 am

it could be many issues. this model is known to have issues with the digital board but your issue doesn't sound like a digital board. could be in the ballast. you may want to go into the service menu and reset the lamp hours.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”