SAmsung HL-P6163

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
gilania

SAmsung HL-P6163

Postby gilania » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 pm

I have a Samsung HL-P6163 that is causing me some grief lately. The picture just turns off after anything from 15-45 mins of running. The sound is still there with no lamps blinking. You can continue to listen to the sound with no picture.

I changed the lamp and the ballast but no luck. Then I pulled the two fans out and thoroughly cleaned them. I ran it with the back panel open and the blue switch forced closed. I could see both the fans running although the lamp fan did not seem to be forceful enough to feel it blowing on the lamp. I dangled a piece of tissue paper in front of the lamp to see if any air was blowing. It ran for 3 hours with no porblem. I figured it is fixed. Closed the back panel and restarted. The picture went out after 20 mins. I am not sure if this is the temp sensor, the fan or something else. Seems like running with open back panel kept the temp down and it did not turn off. Could it be the fan even when it is turning? Please help.

gilania

Re: SAmsung HL-P6163

Postby gilania » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm

ADDITIONAL INFO

I removed the back cover again and let it run. The picture went out but the lamp was still on with no leds blinking in the front. Now I am more confused. Looks like it is not the lamp or the ballast. Could it be the DMD board or the temp sensor? It is definitely heat related.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”