hlr5078w startup/picture drop out issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kermit22

hlr5078w startup/picture drop out issue

Postby kermit22 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:26 pm

So a month ago I replaced the bulb in my hlr5078w because the it was shuting down and flashing "Lamp" LED then the "Standyby/Temp" LED. Once I replaced the Lamp the problem went away. Now "If" the TV turns on the picture will become jumpy or just freeze within a min. I still hear a normal hum and the lamp is on and the tv seams to be attpemting to rev somthing up. Eventually it will stop and then show the red "Stand by/Temp" LED like its off and I can try to power on the tv again. Normally the TV won't even get to where the on chimes sound and picture comes on. After pressing the power button It will just click, turn the lamp on, then sound like it is reving(the color wheel I take?) and then shut down showing the "Stand by/Temp" LED on the power button. Please Help!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: hlr5078w startup/picture drop out issue

Postby grayfox » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

hello,

the winding sounds is most likely the colorwheel but its not necessarily defective unless the jumpiness you describe happens most on the colors than the actual image. There can be some DMD issues, but I would definitely take the quicker shorter path and change the colorwheel you can find them online (like at www.discount-merchant.com) for under 100 dlls. If this does not do the trick I have to assume it is a DMD issue unless it does not behave this way with all inputs, when you have time try them out...

Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”