turns on and off by itself

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
darnold57

turns on and off by itself

Postby darnold57 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:26 pm

I have a Samsung DLP HL-T5676S that's 2 and a half years old I have put in 2 bulbs so far
The other day the tv shut off by itself and kept turning on and off 4 times then the 3 lights came on. the only way I can turn it off is by unplugging it for 1/2 hour .and unplugged for 12 hours made no difference the bulb looks ok .I cleaned it out and checked the cut off switch and their ok.Of course the extended warranty ran out 6 months ago. I found a ballast on line for 21.66 new and recycled and rebuilt are 124.00 whats right and do I need a ballast and or bulb.
darnold57

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: turns on and off by itself

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 pm

I would start off with the lamp. then try a ballast. if you are handy also check to make sure there are no bad solder joints on the ballast. the 3rd thing i would try is the power supply.

I also want to ask. do you hear the color wheel spinning up? that could be the issue also if you dont hear it. but loss of control makes me wonder if it's something else beside the lamp and ballast. could even be the digital board. it could be almost anything. if you are handy the order I would replace things is lamp, ballast, color wheel. but if you dont hear the color wheel spining up then start with the color wheel.

The color wheel has to spin before it sends a signel to the ballast to light the lamp.

depending on how old it is you may just want to part it out and sell the parts on ebay. and just buy a new LCD tv. check ebay for tv's in your area that are local pickup only. also check craigslist for LCD projection tv or DLP tv's in your area. Most of them you can make an low ball offer and get at a great price. Most people just want them out of the house and out of the way. They take up a lot of room if you are no longer using them.

darnold57

Postby darnold57 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Ok here is a link to one of my previous posts where it explains how to reset the lamp timer.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050&start=0&hilit=Loading+Factory
Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “Samsung Discussion”