please help with my samsung

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
pmc7855
Contributor
Contributor

please help with my samsung

Postby pmc7855 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 pm

I have a samsung HLN437W1X/XAA DLP T.V. at times the lamp will not turn on causing the 3 cycle process until all 3 lights start flashing, but if I unplug it and restart it, it will usually work fine. but today I noticed that the lamp was on(I looked thru the vents) but no picture until I unplugged and replugged the power cord, then all fine. can someone please help me diagnose the faulty part so that I dont replace unnessasary parts? thank you btw the lamp hours is at 6900.

GraceMacias
Contributor
Contributor

Re: please help with my samsung

Postby GraceMacias » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:47 am

Hello There...

Have you ever change the TV Lamp?

how old is your TV?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

I think I know what the problem is. My first recommendation is to turn on the tv at night with no lights on, remove a side round panel (it’s a round service door with only a screw holding it.) and see if you can see a faint small dot of light in the middle of the screen. If there is one then its one of two things, either the digital board or the DMD board, if you plan on buying one of there, try looking for the by part number, not by tv model. You see different tv models share the same board, so you’ll have a wider product range.
Knowledge is the one true power

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 pm

I disagree.

The issue could possibly be a faulty sensor that's tell the TV it's over heating. Start by cleaning out the filters with compressed air and see if that helps a bit. If the lamp is coming on, it could be a number of things beside the DMD board.
--

Eddie

pmc7855
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pmc7855 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

thanks guys but i can not invest another $1.00 on this dlp. and my HLS4676sx is dead also. I found a blown/burnt capacitor(i think thats what it is) on the upper left corner of the DMD board. any idea hoe to fix that?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Well if it’s just a swollen capacitor you need to remove it and take it to a local electronics shop, and see if the have some spares you can buy. If you replace it and nothing happens then it might be a general board failure and you’ll have to buy a new one.
Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm

--

Eddie

pmc7855
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pmc7855 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 am

I can see that it's burnt and damaged on the board where it sits and the captsr just fell rite off. My friend happens to have the same t.v. but his was very dark,Knowning what his problem was, I told him to let me take it home and that I would fix it for him. so I put my bulb in his t.v. and presto, good as new. Now I took his light engine and put it in mine and everything works, then swapped color wheels, all good. I put all his parts back and my bulb. his set works mine still doesnt but at least I know that everything but the dmd and bulb(now) are operating normal. if anyone wants anything from it let me know including remote.email me at pmc7855@yahoo.com. thanks to all for your help.
oh this is for the hls4676sx

Return to “Samsung Discussion”