white dots

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
rgp56

white dots

Postby rgp56 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm

My samsung dlp hlt5076s has white dots on lower-middle rightside of screen. Can any help with this?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: white dots

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Depending on the kind of white dots your talking about samsung is repairing the issue for free. please check out
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0 ... dID=366380

Not sure if it's the same issue you are having but contact samsung to find out. people say the repair is 100% free.

Vivian

Postby Vivian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Hello Friend :D

First of all, there are many other posts relating to this "dot" issue, and if you want, you can check them out:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1231
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1142
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=983

The bad news is, you will probably get more white and black dots! The black dots are tougher to see because of colors in the background. In a few months, you may have a screen fully covered in white dots. I went on the Samsung website’s troubleshooting chart, and it’s very common. The problem is the Digital Micromirror device, AKA the DMD board.

Sometimes the real problem is the DMD chip on the board. There are more than 3 million tiny mirrors, and when they get stuck, they usually show up as white or black dots. When light from the lamp shines on the tiny mirror and it’s in the “on” position, it will show up as a white dot on the screen. When it’s in the “off” position, the dot will be black. It appears that your TV has quite a few that have the tiny mirrors stuck in the “on” position.

If you post your TV model number I can help you find that part number for the DMD board, but sometimes, you may want to just replace the entire engine since it’s easier if you’re going to drop money into your TV. That way, you’ll have spare parts should you ever need another repair.

Let me know how else I can help you! If you can, upload pictures of the screen on the forum and keep me posted! ;)
"You have achieved success if you

have lived well, laughed often

and loved much."

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 am

since samsung is fixing the issue for free. I wanted to reply to get this post moved up.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”