Samsung HL-R5087W picture goes out, still audio

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Dexter
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HL-R5087W picture goes out, still audio

Postby Dexter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:48 am

I have a Samsung HL-R5087W which has a perfect picture for a while, then the picture goes black, but I still have audio. I don't believe it is an overheating issue because if you cut the power, and plug back in.....the picture comes right back.

Also, if you pause the picture it will not go black until you play the picture frame again....then it will go black.

When the picture is black, the lamp is still lit, fan is still going, and color wheel appears to be running as well.

I have read lots of posts on here and don't know if it would be the ballast, dlp chip, DMD, light engine, power supply or what?

Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to start buying parts.

Dexter
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HL-R5087W picture goes out, still audio

Postby Dexter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Ok, I located a similar post with a similar problem. I have checked the lamp which is still on and color wheel is fine.

The similar post also lost picture, however they lost audio as well. My TV still has audio, but picture will cut off with what I can see from the rear of the unit, the lamp is still working with no picture.

This was the advice from the other post....

Does this mean that the most likely location the problem is located either in the DMD board or the ballast?

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”