Picture Not Centered

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jrjorin
Contributor
Contributor

Picture Not Centered

Postby jrjorin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:24 pm

ok here we go my girl friend has an Infocus 61md10 which is the same as an RCA.

I Fix the melted lens problem now when we turn it on it shows the picture but it has about a 5 inch black bar on the right side from top to bottom.

I have tried adjusting the mirror on the front and it makes no difference.

How do I get the pcture to move over?

Eddie

Re: Picture Not Centered

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Sounds like a light tunnel. It's like a tubular tunnel that the light travels through with mirrors lined inside. If the glue some how wears out or if the unit is jarred, it could possibly knock a mirror loose, so you'll get a sort of shadow on the screen. What's worse is that as the glue wears out more and more, it looks like the shadow grows on the screen! That's when you know for sure it's a light tunnel. Only think you can do is replace it, or pay someone experienced with those kinds of TVs to repair it. Can be costly and not many people know how to repair the thing. Some people just opt for a new light engine. It's the same cost in service charges.
--

Eddie

jrjorin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jrjorin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 pm

No its not a shadow its a solid bar. I went to the test screen where you adjust the mirror and the + that is supposed to be in the center is off to the left.

How do i get it back to the center?

Thanks for the advice

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

That is a hardware issue, you’ll have to align the internal mirrors, personally I suggest either have a technician you trust have a look at it to see if it’s fixable, or just buy a new light engine.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “RCA Discussion”