M50WH74S No Picture, No Sound, No Error

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
metalhearted1
Contributor
Contributor

M50WH74S No Picture, No Sound, No Error

Postby metalhearted1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello. I found this M50WH74S 50" DLP set and I have become obsessed with trying to fix it as I cant afford buying an HD TV. I have researched everywhere and I have narrowed down a few things. Replaced the bulb already too.

Symptoms: No Picture, No Sound, No Fans. No Error Code When I either plug the TV in or try to turn it on it I will hear a click from the power supply, a red light on the main input/output mobo turns on. Then turns off making a click. There is still a green light on the power supplies board.

From what I have seen online the one thing that stands out about mine is I am not getting an error code on the power button. Most cases the light will blink 5 or 3 times. Turn off. Then blink 5 or 3 times again. Mine however does not display a error code. It will turn on for a bit. Then turn off.

I took a look at the PSU and I see maybe one capacitor that is bad. There is also some residue on a capacitor on the ballast but it doesn't look like it was really blown. If pictures would help I could pose some.

Any help would be appreciated. If you have any other questions about this issue please let me know.

Thanks,
Curt

metalhearted1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: M50WH74S No Picture, No Sound, No Error

Postby metalhearted1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Well. I would like to thank everyone for their help. ha ha. Anyway I purchased a new power supply and input/output main board. I think the main board was bad as i was not getting and error. I am now getting the 5 blink wait 5 blink error which indicates that the bulb is bad. I just purchased one a while ago but it wasn't the OEM housing and I don't think there is a great connection from the ballast to the lamp. I returned the lamp and I will be purchasing a new OEM lamp with Housing soon. Will post my findings and hopefully my experiencing will help someone else in the future.

metalhearted1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: M50WH74S No Picture, No Sound, No Error

Postby metalhearted1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok. put a new OEM Phillips lamp in place and I am still getting the Lamp code. After that I tried a new ballast. still the same issue persists. I took the whole TV apart. Cleaned it. Air dusted fans and still no go. I even took a look at the color wheel and it moves freely and it not damaged. Closed the lamp door circuit by twisting the wires together and still. I have tired everything that i can think of. New PSU, New DMD Board, New Ballast, New Bulb Any ideas anyone. I am at a bit of a lost. And frankly pretty surprised that no one has responded to this.

Return to “RCA Discussion”