61" RCA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
steve

61" RCA

Postby steve » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I have a 61" RCA that is no longer turning on. I do not have the 5 blinking lights though. I unplugged the TV to move some stuff around and when I plugged it back in, the 5 lights came on and stayed on. I'm not hearing any noise from the TV, just 5 solid blue lights. There is no reaction to the remote, nor can I get any menu to pop up. The bulb is less than a year old.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: 61" RCA

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello steve.
Let’s see if we can discard the easy fixes first then move on with the more complicated ones.
My first question is have you cleaned the inside of your tv free from dust & mold. This is to discard overheating, also while you’re at it, check if all the fans are working. (The must be in order for the TV to work, other wise it will not turn on). Before it started acting like this, did you had any problems with the picture (any blobs, discolorations, lines, etc)
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

steve

Postby steve » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:35 am

I cleaned out the TV and nothing changed. In addition, I inserted an old lamp (it had dimmed, not gone out) to make sure that the lamp wasn't the problem. I didn't have any issues before this happened. I'm fairly certain the TV was off before I unplugged it, but I've read some stuff online about people having issues with power surges, which makes me question my memory.

Only the fan on the board is working. The subwoofer fan and the fan near the lamp do not turn on when the TV is plugged in. In fact, the fan on the board is the only thing that comes on when the TV is plugged in. I don't hear a color wheel or anything else. Thanks for your help.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello again steve.
If some of the fans are not working properly then that would be the most probable reason why you tv is not turning on. You see there are sensors all over the tv that send electronic pulses to the DMD board. If one of those is not sending signs of life the DMD will simply prevent the tv from turning on for security reasons.
My recommendation is to first double check if any of the inoperative fans is disconnected or damaged, if you are unable to fix it the I suggest you look for a new one online.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “RCA Discussion”