RCA 61" DLP: Should I buy it?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dhughes214
Contributor
Contributor

RCA 61" DLP: Should I buy it?

Postby dhughes214 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:14 am

So on my local craigslist there's a 61" RCA DLP for sale for $50. It started at $150 and has slowly fallen to $50. On the post it says he thinks its a "bulb" but is unsure. He says when you turn it on there is sound, but "blue lights flash 5 times on the screen, then a pause, then flash 5 times again." Does this sound like a lamp issue? I've had a samsung 46" dlp and a Mitsu 60" and both of these sets DID NOT have sound when the lamp went out. Do you think it's worth gambling $50 dollars on? I think even if I had to put 200 into it (ie lamp and color wheel) it would still be worth it. Obviously I would turn it on and verify the flashing lights and listen for any other sounds before purchasing it. What do you guys think?

Colorado
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RCA 61" DLP: Should I buy it?

Postby Colorado » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:21 am

sounds like a color wheel issue to me because of the noise part find out what model and what color wheel you need if the color wheel part number is 267888 good luck finding it and it runs about 150 bucks if you can find one and let me know where if you do find more than one thanks

Return to “RCA Discussion”