Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bankerbob69
Contributor
Contributor

How do I remove Ballast from m50wh92s?

Postby bankerbob69 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Hey all

I have an RCA M50WH90sxy1 that keeps shutting off the picture and cycling on again. I tested the power supply and i am getting 320v dc from it so i think its ok. Im told its probably the ballast, but i do get a solid click before the bulb comes on, but that comes from over on the power supply board and not the ballast itself. Is the ballast supposed to click? Anyway, I'm not sure how to remove the ballast as it is under the metal box that the bulb housing slides into. I have a picture but i dont know how to post it here. I also looked to see that the color wheel is spinning and it does'nt to make too much noise. Should I try replacing the bulb first? If not, how do i remove the ballast?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: How do I remove Ballast from m50wh92s?

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Hello bankerbob69.
I would recommend you first try replacing the lamp, because the solid click that you hear is perfectly normal in healthy ballast, when its two or more clicks, that means its time to replace it. Another reason is that the lamp is easier to fix & you don’t need to call in a technician (more money for you). Don’t forget to close the lamp door after replacing & clean the inside of the TV before replacing it to discard overheating.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

bankerbob69
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I remove Ballast from m50wh92s?

Postby bankerbob69 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm

OK thanks Nightkid Ill replace the bulb first.

Return to “RCA Discussion”