HD50LPW62A TV has big noise

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
innacana

HD50LPW62A TV has big noise

Postby innacana » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Since last week this tv started making a big noise in the back, even though picture and sound are fine. Noise remain for a while even after shutting down tv, but stops right away if I unplug. I tried to open the bulb with enclosure and guessing the noise is coming from the fan right beneath the lamp. Every time now I put back everything and turn on tv now, one-time tv turns on fine with picture & sound including big noise. And the other time it will try to turn on lamp and fan but tv can't and keep trying until I shut down.

Really don't know what the problem is. I tried to clean the fan area in case something stuck and making noise, but didn't help. I don't think lamp is bad as it is turning on every other time and playing fine. How do I fix this big noise?

In case if anyone thinks this is a bulb problem, can you please tell me which bulb is right for me? I seem to can't find my TV model on the lamp descriptions. Thanks in advance.

gbgary
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HD50LPW62A TV has big noise

Postby gbgary » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 am

sounds like the color wheel. when you turn the tv off, and it's in it's cool-down phase, does the noise stop when the bulb goes completely out? if so it's the color wheel. mine did this. quick, in-home repair and it's quiet again.

innacana

Postby innacana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:43 pm

exactly, thats what happens. If I take the power plug out, noise stops right away. (Noise sounds more like a big fan). What is the remedy? How do I fix this color wheel? Please help. Thanks and much appreciated.

techmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Postby techmaster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Very well could be the color wheel.
Good luck with your repair!

Bill H

"Techmaster"

[u]Plasma, LCD, LED, Projection & DLP PARTS SOURCE[/u]

For hard to find parts, great prices and over 25yrs of

experience in the Tv Repair Industry...search here