RCA HD50LPW175XY7 no picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Locutus
Contributor
Contributor

RCA HD50LPW175XY7 no picture

Postby Locutus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:44 am

I replaced the lamp back in June and now this fine piece of Chinese engineering is at it again....

I turn the set on, the lights come on, the sound comes on, but no picture. The sound shortly shuts off, the lights blink 5 times and the set shuts off. The set will try to restart by itself two more times with the same results. I guessing it's the color wheel this time, do you agree?

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: RCA HD50LPW175XY7 no picture

Postby mitchkramez » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 pm

could be the ballast not firing the light, you'd likely hear the color wheel if it were bad. if you pull the bulb out and shine a flashlight in it's opening, you should see the color wheel - if it doesn't look shattered and you can't hear it, you're probably ok... you can try and remove the bulb and turn the tv on and see if it spins up (you'll have to hold down the lamp door switch).

i'd suspect the ballast if the bulb looks ok, and while i was in there, i'd look for bulging caps on the power supply.

Locutus
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Locutus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:28 pm

I did what you said, the bulb looks OK. I looked through the small opening and it was hard to see, but it looks like the wheel is OK. It doesn't spin constantly, it just turns a little each time I tried to turn on the TV.

To replace the ballast or check the power supply caps I take it I have to pull off the back cover of the TV?

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby mitchkramez » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:29 pm

yeah, you'll have to take the back of the tv off, it's very easy though :)

Return to “RCA Discussion”