RCA 50" DLP Television replaced bulb have an issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Mustangsally

RCA 50" DLP Television replaced bulb have an issue

Postby Mustangsally » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Ok, I replaced the bulb for the televsion with replacement bulb number 270414 Type OSRAMB. Some of the channels come in just fine and clear with great color. But, some of the channels have a problems with the bottom and the top of the picture blacked out. The center of it is clear and coming through just fine. I do have sound with all channels. What did I do wrong or do I need to do in order fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any help. :roll:

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: RCA 50" DLP Television replaced bulb have an issue

Postby Crowell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Hmmmm, that’s strange, the symptoms that you are describing are from a light engine but you say that some channels look perfectly fine, that shifts my attention to the DMD board that’s starting to fail (the DMD board acts like the brain of the Tv that controls the light engine to produce a picture on the screen.
Knowledge is the one true power

ift

Re: RCA 50" DLP Television replaced bulb have an issue

Postby ift » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I replaced the bulb on my RCA DLP 50" TV because the picture would go off and the lights would blink on the front of the TV. This happened occasionally at first and then more often until the picture would stay on only two or three seconds. The sound was fine. I did not hear any sounds from the back of the TV, and I did not smell any smells.

Now the TV will not come on at all! Help!

Return to “RCA Discussion”