DLP Chip Replacement in 57833 has caused a new problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ourlivinghome
Contributor
Contributor

DLP Chip Replacement in 57833 has caused a new problem

Postby ourlivinghome » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 pm

My 57833 starting getting the white and black dots. I know this means the DLP chip is going out. It started with 1 dot and now it's at 10 a couple weeks later. This isn't my first time working on a dlp. So I bought a new DLP Chip, the process doesn't look that hard!

Well I got the new chip in and fired it up. I had a mostly black picture with a few distorted horizontal bars that also had vertical bars through them. Then after a minute or two the picture popped up and looked normal, if a tiny bit blurry. I turned it off and back on to see if it did the same thing again, but this time the picture stayed extremely distorted. So I put the old chip back in. I get a somewhat watchable picture but about 8-10 thick horizontal bars with color distortion. I've swapped them out again with the same results.

I have seen everywhere that with Toshiba TVs a "distorted mosaic picture" may indicate that you need to replace the formatting board as well. But it doesn't say with Mitsubishi. So I'm trying to figure out if the issue is the formatter board or the color wheel, or where to go next. I don't want to have to replace this TV yet! I could even provide pictures if that helps.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: DLP Chip Replacement in 57833 has caused a new problem

Postby grayfox » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello,

Silence is not golden on a forum so please forgive us for not replying to your post.

Normally I would think the light tunnel or the projector lens is misaligned.. but that wouldn't explain the distortions you are describing. From what you describe It seems like not only the DLP chip was bad but the entire DMD board..

We hope you were able to solve your problem. We promise to be here for any future issues you have. Hope to see you posting again.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

psm0alaska
Contributor
Contributor

Postby psm0alaska » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi I am attempting to change the DLP chip in my 73" Mitsubishi WD 73C9 TV . Was wondering how I make sure and get the correct part number? Thanks

psm0alaska
Contributor
Contributor

Postby psm0alaska » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Also when I replace the DLP chip should I also replace the bulb? TV IS about 6 years old

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello,

There should be a part # on the chip itself. You want to be sure to replace with the exact same part #. If the bulb has never been replaced before I would recommend to replace it since it will more likely go out at any time now. This of course judging from the TV life span.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”