WD62327 Lamp will not light

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kstokes606
Contributor
Contributor

WD62327 Lamp will not light

Postby kstokes606 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:15 am

I have replaced the Lamp and the Ballast, and can not get the lamp to light. I get a green flashing lamp status indicator, and a tone that last for about a minute, then just the flashing light for a minute, then the tone and flashing light, then the indicator turns red.
I have a service manual that I use, and I am getting 340 volts, but still no light from lamp. ASll fans have been checked, and all switches checked.
Any help?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: WD62327 Lamp will not light

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Do you hear any strange noises coming from the back of the tv? Have you cleaned the inside of the tv free of dust & mold? Also check your video board for any swollen capacitors. If there are any you either must replace them or buy a new board.
Knowledge is the one true power

kstokes606
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kstokes606 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:20 pm

All of the inside of the TV has been cleaned, to include mirrors and glass. The only sounds I hear is a tone. Once I push the power button, it will start to sound after about 5 seconds, and remain sounding for about a minute, then it is silent for about a minute This cycles for three times, and then every thing stops, and the lamp LED is steady red.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 pm

have you checked the digital video board and looked at the capacitors? Here is a video of where it is in a samsung tv to give you an idea. (1:19 min)
http://www.youtube.com/user/FixYourDLPc ... jr_9A5Xd2Q

And here are som examples of what to look for.
capa01.jpg
capa01.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 13769 times

capa02.jpg
capa02.jpg (45.86 KiB) Viewed 13769 times

kstokes606
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kstokes606 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:56 pm

All boards have been checked, and no swollen capacitors found. The ballast and lamp was sent off, and checked. Both of them worked on the bench, so I am at a lost. It may be bad capacitors that are not showing any outward signs, but I do not have any way to check them on the board, and to remove all of them is a bear to say the least. The power supply has test points with the readings list next to them, and all are close them what is listed.
Is there a service manual, or something that can help with the trouble shooting. I paid for one and it is of little use. It did not show a lot of the required information, and the interconnection diagram is of little use.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Have you reset the lamp timer after you replaced the lamp? Also there is a possibility it might be the thermostat. Also check that the lamp door is completely closed.

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 am

stokes,
Check your color wheel... Is it spinning freely?

You mentioned a "tone" what do you mean? Beeping? Buzzing? Clicking? Whirling?

Color wheel replacement guide can be found here:
http://guides.fixyourdlp.com/samsung/bp96-01579a.php

Even though the guide is for a Samsung TV, tt gives you an Idea of what you are looking for...

Basic boot sequence:
Power Supply ON --> DMD Board ON --> Check Color Wheel RPM (If OK Proceed) --> Check TV Temperature (If Below Threshold, Proceed) --> Ballast Fire Up (which then turns the lamp "on")

This is a "basic" sequence.

Let us know.

kstokes606
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kstokes606 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:15 am

The tones are like a piezo buzzer pitch. I timed the tones and at 2 sec. the fans start up, at 9 sec. the tone starts, at 15 sec. the tone stops, at 48 sec. the tone starts, at 55 sec. the tone stops, at 1 min. 29 sec. tone starts, at 1 min 35 sec tone stops, at 1 min 48 sec. Lamp LED flashes, 2 min 41 sec. the Lamp LED turns steady red, fan stop. All of the switches are working OK because if I have it on and open a switch, the fans cut off until the switch is closed. I have not checked the DMD Thermal Sensor, or the Color Wheel/Optical Engine. What would the readings be for the Thermal Sensor?

kstokes606
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kstokes606 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 am

Well I checked the Color Wheel, and look at what I found. That's right, a bad color wheel. The glass was broken, and a piece was stopping it from spinning. That is where the tone was coming from, I think. Where can you get just the color wheel?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 am

Here are some places you can shop around for the color wheel, (personal recommendation, I bought mine at:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/ ).

http://www.samsungparts.com/

Just remember to search by part number, not by model number, its normally printed on the color wheel connector cable. Good luck.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”