WD62528 Blinking Green Light

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
desertpatriot

WD62528 Blinking Green Light

Postby desertpatriot » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 pm

have: Mits WD 62528 w/V28+ chassis, Mits V28 service manual, owner's manual and Mits 2005-2006 Projection TV Training Manual Down-to-1 High Speed Troubleshooting

symptoms: BlinkingGreenLightOfDeath

issue: unit will power up for a second then shut down and the BlinkingGreenLightOfDeath appears then disappears. turn power back on and if i'm lucky get a picture. must repeat this process several times before a picture appears. the green timer light next to the power button flashes continuously for a few minutes then stops -no other lights are present. sometimes i have to push the reset button and/or unplug the tv from the recepticle to make it work. this process is repeated two-three times before a blue screen appears as well as a steady green timer light
note: when the green timer light is steady there is a fan noise coming from inside the tv

need: repair kit advice -best one to purchase, repair advice, tips and tricks etc.

suggestions: ?????

question: current firmware version is 007.02. should i/would it make a difference if i upgrade to the most current firmware version 7.07 ? if so, please pass along instructions
Last edited by desertpatriot on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertpatriot

Re: WD62528 Blinking Green Light

Postby desertpatriot » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

previous post has been edited. please review new info

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”