Mits-WD-52725-Flashing Timer (rapid green) Light

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ckama48

Mits-WD-52725-Flashing Timer (rapid green) Light

Postby ckama48 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:54 am

Okay, my first time in here but here we go,Mitsubishi 52725-timer light was flashing rapid green-tried powering it down-pressing reset button on front several times,could not get the TV to turn on-tried everything I know on how to fix it myself but could not get it to power up. The repair shop has had it about a week now and is telling me they will have to order a replacement part from Mitsu to repair the set-with labor it could run around $500-$600 bucks for the repairs. Given its age and the fact that the lamp is still the original one it came with(never been replaced yet) is it worth it to get it fixed or put that money in a new Plasma or LCD flat panel? I would love to hear from some Mits DLP owners who have faced similar problems.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Mits-WD-52725-Flashing Timer (rapid green) Light

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello ckama48.
Ok, first of all let me say that the Mitsubishi TVs are very solid tvs (un like the Samsungs), the have very good sound and grate picture quality, this is from one Mitsu DLP owner to another.
I read your post and from what I understand your tv is not able to turn on, first of all, have you ever replace the lamp? Before the picture went out, did you have any other problem (weird picture, color where off, etc.)?
To be honest its sound like the technicians are trying to rip you off, the prices for the TV lamps are between 90 & 120 bucks. My advice is that you call those technicians, get your Tv back, try and fix it your self, if not get a second opinion from another more reliable tec, but first you have to learn a little bit about these tv so you sound like you know what your doing.
I can help you out trouble shoot and narrow down your problem.
In this economy its much better to fix than to buy new.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

moose916
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby moose916 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 pm

you can call mitsubishi parts department and purchase the specific part or parts at a much cheaper price. push the input and menu button on the tv and the lights near the power button will blink a code for example 26 blink twice pause for a second or so then blink six times and it would repeat whatever code your tv feeds you then u can take it to a tech and u explain the issue to them and end up saving urself money u would tell them the code and they could explain the problem to u i am a proud owner of a mitsu dlp 57" i had hiccup with my tv when my daughter sprayed bleach spray on my screen and the liquid trailed up the screens because there are 2 screens inner and outer anywho hopefully this input will help you i have a hunch it the ballast but um yea let me know how it goes

scottreds2k

Postby scottreds2k » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm

It sounds like you powered off the TV and were unable to restart it. The green light on the front flashing and never actually turning on. I had a WD-65869 that I just replaced and was going to donate. When I unplugged it and moved it to put in the new TV, it sat unplugged for a week. When I tried to turn it on again to reset it to factory settings, it would not power up, only blink it's little green light at me. After some research, I found it was the capacitors on the DM (?) board. There are instructions online to desolder the old and solder in new ones. After re-assembly, it fired right up and worked fine.

The entire repair cost me ~$30. If you have time you can mailorder the capacitors for alot less than the $3 apiece I paid.

http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-projec ... reens.html

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”